Followers

Monday 2 May 2011

Distressed? Oh yes I am! Lol

Anyone who knows me,  knows that I make girly things, not that I don't have grungy bloke stuff, I do-when the need arises but I've been popping over to Hels Sheridan's blog for a couple of months and what an inspiration she's been! An incredibly talented lady.....who's got some serious jet lag to get over, lucky girl!

Well, poor hunni that she is, has set the challenge for Sunday Stampers this week, MEN.....all the way from Ranger U!
 
I figured that if she could do that, after flying half way round the world, meeting the Duke of Distress (and the entire team!) doing a 3 day course out there (please note that there's not even a hint of jealousy here! rofl) and still being the bounciest girl in blogland. The least I could do was to get over my fear of 'destroying' my precious papers.

So, here we have my very first attempt which I am entering into the challenge!  


Please excuse the piccies, I have yet to master Photosop! lol
Be gentle with me peeps, don't giggle,  it took me an hour just to pluck up the courage to throw ink at my beloved  HOTP papers, cross my fingers and pray to the big fella that it would resemble art!






Ta da! As you can see it's a topper! AND everything on it has been touched by ink or sandpaper, I've stitched and bradded everything in place...yes me!

The base is DCWV coredinations cardstock, I've nipped the corners with my trusty punch and attacked it full force with fine sandpaper (which brought me out in a nervous sweat!). The first layer was distressed with antique paper and walnut stain inks, then scrumpled up, flattened out and distressed some more. Then the edges were rolled (until almost falling apart) and finally given a light coat of clear rock candy crackle medium.



The second layer was given much the same treatment and a distressed Tim Holtz  image was stitched on to form a pocket. I made a cute little tag and topped it with another Tim stamped image, metal embellies and some fibres. The layer was then stiched onto layer 2 before stitching it all onto the base and adding a very much altered clockface stamped image (inks, glossy crackle accents and walnut stain).


Phew, it was exhausting but I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of  it and will most defo be playing like this again! I've even ordered some paperbag albums and bits from accross the pond and will be branching out very shortly hahahaha!

Well, I really hope you like my efforts :)


*hugs* Sal x





4 comments:

  1. Thank you for the lovely comment Shirley, I really appreciate you popping over! *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perectly grunged, this is brilliant Sal.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Gillian, it means alot when someone takes the trouble to pop in and make nice comment. It makes me smile and gives me confidence to carry on :) *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete