Followers

Wednesday 4 May 2011

Challenge Card 'Joy'

Good evening all!

A bit of a quickie post tonight, I'm exhausted after my first day back at work lol

Here we have a card that is a little different for me but was done with  two challenges in mind.


The design is from Mojo Monday #189
 I'm addicted to their sketches and try to do one every week! 

I'm also entering it into the Crafts 4 Eternity Anything Goes challenge
 Another fabulous challenge blog!

The card is A5 and I was looking for a sketch that would show off my new and beautiful large gardenias, they're HUGE and gorgeous, from Wild Orchid Crafts, this was perfect!

I've stitched some pale green gingham paper that's been in my stash for years (I have a 'terrible habit' of buying 2 sheets/sets of paper...1 to look at and 1 to use, this is the 'look at'sheet!) directly to the card front and made the second layer by stitching more stash paper (a very old scrap pad!) to oversized plain white card and Martha Stewart punching a border along the top, leaving the bottom plain. More of the gingham paper was then stitched onto more white card to create the third layer. A simple nestie die was finished off with some old stash K&Company stickers (Tim Coffey), to spell the word Joy, the letters were glazed with glossy accents and attached with some lovely, fluffy green fibres wrapped around layer 2. A pretty white die cut doily was then topped with the impressive 2 tone mushrom bloom! A little plain white satin ribbon with 3 green half pearls and hey ho!


Close up of my new favourite flower!

I have also lined the whole inside of the card (to cover the stitching) but the battery on the camera was going and I wanted to get this up before climbing the wooden hill and going off to the land of nod! lol

I'm really happy with this one, to me it looks clean and fresh...

Off to bobo's now, well maybe just half an hour at the craft desk...... hehe. Thanks for looking in!

*hus* Sal x

7 comments:

  1. oh this is just,gorgeous hun love that flower on this really beautiful hugs cheryl xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah thats just lovely Sally, so pretty. Thanks for playing along with us at C4E this week.
    Pinky

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your lovely comment Cheryl, I went looking for some roses and cherry blossom-which I also bought-but fell in love with these and bought 2 lots, different colours. I couldn't believe the size and quality of them when they came, defo going back for the full set...next payday lol, need to resist the urge til then! *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you Pinky, I really appreciate you popping in for a look! I'm looking forward to more of your fab challenges! *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a lovely card! That flower is so beautiful. Thanks for playing along with Mojo Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for taking the time to pop in Julee! I look forward to Monday every week...just for the new sketch, gets me through the work day! lol

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks Michelle :) *hugs* Sal x

    ReplyDelete