Followers

Sunday 26 June 2011

Hooked on Craft Challenge DT Card

Well, it's time for the 2nd challenge at Hooked on Craft Challenges and I must say that I think we were all completely blown away with the entries for the first one, well over 300!!! To say I was amazed is a bit of an understatement and also maybe a little exhausted after trying to get around to as many of the entries as I could. Can I just say thank you, to all those who participated and made it such a success and I hope to see you all again at this fortnights' challenge, which is, SHOW US YOUR FLOWERS.


I'm sure you all saw my previous post, which was my failed, first attempt at this one.....it was a blockage in the spritzer that caused it and the offending bottle has gone back to the shop, it seems some glitter got into the mix with the mica powder.....I feel somewhat vindicated by this new information lol!


Anyway, onto the card...



A little different from the first one!

It's 8x8, on a Coredinations card base, there are a ton of die cuts in there and plenty of blinging jewels. I covered all of the flowers, which can be puchased from Hooked on Craft, here , with my fave Glamour Dust before assembling them into bouquets. At the bottom, I've used  a strip of olive green coredinations cardstock, covered it with double sided adhesive, topped with some olive green mesh ribbon, also from Hooked on Craft, and then rubbed more Glamour Dust into all the spaces. Edged the strip with some white Martha Stewart punched borders.

I couldn't decide on a greeting, so dug out some pink with white stars, chipboard letters-obviously gave the stars a touch of the old GD as well-and stuck them to the strip with silicone adhesive. I'm not completely sure where the paper came from, it was a freebie with a magazine some time back but I mounted that onto more of the same olive green cardstock and added a gazzilion pink gems around the outside.

Hope you like it and are going to pop over to the challenge to join in with us! It kicks off at 11.00pm tonight British time, see you there!

*hugs* Sal x


2 comments:

  1. oh this is beautiful sally!!! love all the pretty flowers & the chipboard!!!
    So happy for a great start on the challenge blog! I'll be playing along tomorrow if I can get off the 'puter and get my flower card done! :)
    hugs & blessings

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi!!!
    Absolutely BEAUTIFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete